Saturday, September 21, 10:00am to 12:00pm
Outdoors at North Avenue & Guilford Avenue – Map with bike routes & schools!
Next to 200 E. North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21202
RSVP on Facebook or on the Biking in B’more Meet-up Group!
Join us for Baltimore’s first ABCs of Family Biking: celebrating the joy of biking with children by introducing local families to the tools, skills and equipment that can help them start biking together. Whether you’re brand-new to biking or you own a Dutch “bakefiets” – the ABCs has something for you and your family.
What parents will like:
- “Pedal Parent” Show-and-Tell – Moms and dads who bike will show off their equipment and answer questions about everything from bike safety to play-dates.
- Family-friendly Bike Shops – Connect with local shops and retailers to learn about cargo bikes like the Yuba Mundo or Bullitt, and seats like the Yepp Mini or iBert.
- Refreshments from Red Emma’s – No coffee in the morning is no excuse not to come down for the ABCs – Red Emma’s and Thread Coffee will be there with refreshments.
What kids will like:
- Bikeadelic Decorations – Local artist Andy Dahl will be offering workshops on turning a plain 16″ ride into a colorful scraper bike
- Bike Rodeo – Children on their own two-wheeler will enjoy this a fun and educational youth bike safety workshop led by Bike Maryland! The Bike Rodeo will run from around 11am to noon – register today so we know you’re coming.
Want to ride up from South Baltimore? Meet “pedal parent” Jen D. at Federal Hill Park at 9:30am to ride up to Station North with our South Baltimore bike train. Just send us a quick email so we know to expect you.
Questions? Suggestions? Contact Eli Pousson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share with your friends & neighbors!
Please help us get the word out! RSVP on Facebook then invite your friends and neighbors! Make sure to mention it to other parents at your children’s school or daycare and forward our email announcement to your neighborhood email list.
Thanks to our partners
Baltimore’s ABCs of Family Biking is organized with support from:
Thanks to Kidical Mass DC who (together with the DDOT Safe Routes to School program and WABA) coined the great name and offered a model for this event. Special thanks as well to our organizing partners including Village Parents, the Greater Homewood Community Corporation and parents at the Baltimore Montessori Public Charter and Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle School!